Flossy is a cute gardener doll that doubles as a needlework tool holder. Her tie-on apron has pockets to hold scissors and other tools. At her feet are flowers, a watering can and several garden creatures. She holds a luscious looking strawberry pin keep and a handy gathering basket.
The chart includes all stitching and finishing instructions to work the front and back of the 10-inch Flossy doll, as well as her accessories, including two tiny seed packet needle books. The design is stitched on 28 count Natural Cashel Linen using DMC and Gentle Art threads.
Stitch Count: 171 wide x 168 high and 169 wide x 150 high
Flossy's Garden Stitching Supplies
- 28 count Natural Cashel Linen (cut two 18 x 18-inch pieces and one 8 x 11-inch piece)
- DMC floss: 301, 326 (6 skeins), 433, 519, 646, 648, 702, 741, 760, 938, 945, 3371, 3782 and White
- Gentle Art threads: Gold Leaf (3 skeins), Green With Envy (2 skeins), Presidential Blue, and Ohio Lemon Pie (5 skeins)
- Mill Hill glass seed beads: Yellow Creme #02002
- Two 1/2-inch and four 1/4-inch yellow buttons with holes (If desired, white or vintage pearl buttons could be substituted.)
Additional craft supplies for finishing Flossy's Garden are listed on the chart.
Here are photos showing side and back views of Flossy, as well as her accessories:
Finishing Tip Photos